[OS X TeX] FYI: Smultron

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Thu Mar 22 23:26:51 CET 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Christian Burk wrote:

> Am 22.03.2007 um 18:34 schrieb Gary L. Gray:
>
> [...]
>
>> Is there a way to invoke typesetting from within Smultron so that
>> the preview in TeXShop is then updated?
>>
>> All the best,
>>   Gary
>
> It seems that I found a way. You just have to set up TS for using
> with an external editor, add typeset button and engine menu to the
> preview window of TS. Then open up the tex files in smultron and
> when you have added it and saved you can typeset it via the preview
> window of TS.

Yes---that's precisely the way to do it---I think this is documented
in the TeXShop help.

You sacrifice syncing between the PDF and the source that you get
with TS and TeXniscope if you use Smultron, though.

I make up for this by searching for the text I need to move to, though.

-Adam
--
Dr. Adam M. Goldstein
amgoldstein <at> mac <dot> com