[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:47:17 CET 2007

Chris Goedde wrote:

> Alain, did you every post the entire log of one of your failed runs?

No.

> That might be a useful place to start.

Here is the bottom of it (it is quite long) This is where the first
openout occurs.

Writing index file 095.idx
) (./095.aux)
\openout1 = `095.aux'.

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/cmsy/m/n on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/cmex/m/n on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/cmr/m/n on input line 4.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 4.
**** pdfsync.sty: Synchronization is enabled.
\openout3 = `095.pdfsync'.

**** pdfsync.sty: Synchronizing par
**** pdfsync.sty: Synchronizing math
**** pdfsync.sty: Synchronizing hbox
**** pdfsync.sty: Synchronizing extra
 (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
(/usr/local/
teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex
\protectiondepth=\count141
\scratchcounter=\count142
\scratchtoks=\toks36
\scratchdimen=\dimen

If you think I should post the whole thing, please let me know.

Regards
--schremmer