[OS X TeX] pdfinfo and calculating in an engine

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:26:37 CET 2007

On 3/21/07, Friedrich Vosberg <fvosberg at mac.com> wrote:
> Am 21.03.2007 um 15.06 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>
> > On 3/21/07, Friedrich Vosberg <fvosberg at mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Does xpdf or at least pdfinfo run under MacOS X? CTAN keeps silent.
> >> [1]
> >
> > Both run. One can get the source from sourceforge and compile
>
> What I have to do to compile the source and use pdfinfo on MacOS X
> 10.4.9 (Intel). I've now downloaded the TAR file and unpacked. Next
> step is?

I have pdfinfo but I am not sure where it came from. Just type on terminal

>  which pdfinfo

to check if you have it.

xpdf I compiled. It is always a good idea to read README and INSTALL
files, but you can go in the usual way ./configure, make, sudo make
install

In the end of ./configure it will tell you that freetype and motif are
not found and you will be able to compile ......... but not xpdf and
pdftoppm.

Check this page:

http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html