[OS X TeX] Ii2 gwTeX tug.org Feedback Message?

AJG Baeumel ajgb at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk
Fri Mar 16 17:46:50 CET 2007

March 16, 2007 at 15:04 +0000 wrote:
>Your i-Package is locked or not writable. Hence, i-Installer cannot
>update it. It offers you to go ahead with the not-updated i-package but
>warns that it is not certain that this will go ahead, because it
>depends on your actions which parts are needed and if those parts are
>not available (and downloading etc. is not possible because the
>i-Package is locked or not writable) i-Installer will ater refuse to do
>the install.
>
>You need to unlock your ii-Package.

I have removed texlive.ii2, to a safe place, and have reinstalled afresh
without any noticeable problems.

For curiosity and learning's sake, how can I view the old version and
check if had been locked,
without interfering with the reinstalled and curently proper functioning
version?

What should/would happen if I just swapped them?

Regards
Albert

AJG Baeumel   mailto:ajgB at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk

the system manager.