[OS X TeX] Ii2 gwTeX tug.org Feedback Message?

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Mar 15 20:29:52 CET 2007

ok, so in the window which allows you to install and configure your
gwTeX-package: right beneath the "install&configure" button you will
see some more buttons, all horizontally aligned: readme / pkg
properties / subprocess output / pkg contents / activity / report
choose "pkg properties"
now look down to the area in the middle of the window: there are
three fields. they tell you about the versions of the package in
three different locations:
	1. the "self package" - this is the package from where you install
	2. the remote location -  which is the one on the server from where
you get your local copy
	3. the installed version - this is the version which has been
installed from the "self" files. This is the version you ultimately
want to update in order to see changes in your texing
next to the "self package" field (look to the right) you see a
button: "update self from remote". press it and your "self" will be
updated from the remote package repository. When have done this the
"self" and the remote will be the same.
NOW you can go on and press "install&configure". i-Installer will
install the "self-package" and when you are done all three locations
will have the same version of gwTeX

Good luck...

Alex

Am 15.03.2007 um 15:41 schrieb AJG Baeumel:

> Thursday,
> March 15, 2007 at 15:26 +0000 wrote:
>> So obviously you are trying to update your installed TeX
>> distribution. By clicking "open updated packages" i-Installer will
>> open all packages that are more recent than the ones you have
>> installed.
>> HOWEVER: before you can run the "Install & Configure" Script you
>> should press "update self from remote" further down.
>
> What do you mean by
>> "update self from remote" further down.
>  ?
>
> I also tried the usually succesful steps:
> ii->i-Package->Known Packages i-Directory:
> @TUG->gwTeX->Open iPackage with the same feedback message as before?
>
> Regards
> Albert
>

> AJG Baeumel   mailto:ajgB at st-maurices.n-lanark.sch.uk

> the system manager.

> www.mimesweeper.com

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background