[OS X TeX] IM display / MacTex-2007

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Mar 13 19:43:17 CET 2007

At 6:41 PM +0100 3/13/07, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>Le 13 mars 07 à 18:09, Frank STENGEL a écrit :
>
>>Le 13 mars 07 à 13:44, Bernd Web a écrit :
>>
>>>It does not work in my case. Do you use IM from MacTeX-2007 and do you
>>>have extra environments set in e.g. .cshrc? E.g. xeyes is shown when
>>>started from Terminal, but display does not.
>>
>>Weird, I have a rather standard setup. The only
>>difference is that I installed imagemagick
>>using i-installer...
>
>It seems that the ImageMagick i-Package checks
>at install time whether X11 is installed; if so,
>an X11-enabled build of ImageMagick is
>installed, and if not a build without X11
>support is installed.
>
>At least that's how I interpret the following
>lines of ImageMagick.selector (inside
>ImageMagick.ii2):
>
># Part 2 contains ImageMagick without X, part 1 contains ImageMagick with X
>if [ -e /usr/X11R6/bin/X ]
>then
>	# Do install version with X11
>	echo "### ${PROGNAME}: X11 found. Will unarchive X11 version..." >&2
>	"${II2RESOURCES}/doalerter" -s
>"${II2DOSERVER}" -V -t SetSelectorSets -P
>"ImageMagick-X11";
>else
>	# Do install version without X11
>	echo "### ${PROGNAME}: X11 not found.
>Will unarchive non-X11 version..." >&2
>	"${II2RESOURCES}/doalerter" -s
>"${II2DOSERVER}" -V -t SetSelectorSets -P
>"ImageMagick";
>fi
>
>Specifically, at install time i-Installer checks
>whether X11 is installed on the system: if it
>is, then an X11-enabled version of ImageMagick
>(i.e. the archive ImageMagick.1.tar.bz2) is
>downloaded and installed; if it's not, then a
>version of ImageMagick without X11 support (i.e.
>the archive ImageMagick.2.tar.bz2) is downloaded
>and installed.
>
>Maybe MacTeX installs the second version in all
>cases, yielding the behaviour you observe.

I'm getting the same behaviour as Bernd.

I haven't installed the MacTeX extras (or
whatever the package is called in MacTeX), so I
just have the gwTeX installed version of
ImageMagick, and my display doesn't work either.
But X11 has always been installed on my system.

When I type "display <filename>" it just outputs
the help page (i.e. the same as I would get by
typing "display -help"

Here's the output of "display -version":

Version: ImageMagick 6.2.6 04/18/06 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491