"beamer and TeX on Macs" Re: mactex.tar.gz (complete ... Re: [OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 12 22:17:56 CET 2007

On Mar 12, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2007, at 15:33 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> Actually Gerben (even in the days when he officially supported) acted
>> on `per need` basis. So `need` should be expressed.
>
> While my stuff is no longer supported, it is still maintained. So I
> try to fix bugs brought to my attention and I generally keep the
> stuff up to date as per my personal wishes (which are that I like
> to be up to date).
>
> I will normally update with the latest beamer when beamer has been
> updated in the TL tree.

I also believe the captions and listings packages have also been
updated. Don't know if they've made it to TL yet, though.

I've been simply putting updated packages that I use into sub-
directories of ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/NewFiles/ so, whenever and
update of the TeX package comes around, I can check and remove items
that are updated in the TeX package.

As usual, thanks for all of your work over the years. The gwTeX,
etc., i-packages---along with TeXShop, BibDesk, etc.---have certainly
made it easy for me to come back to using TeX almost exclusively for
my documents.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)