[OS X TeX] Equivalent to TeXify in TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 10 23:12:37 CET 2007

On Mar 10, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> as far as I know is "texify" something that is done done on the
> MikTeX side of your colleague's TeX-Installation. From http://
> www.winedt.com/tex.html you can learn: "Furthermore, TeX Live does
> not have an equivalent of MiKTeX's TeXify accessory..."
>
> I think texify makes sure that all the necessary runs of pdflatex-
> bibtex-pdflatex etc are done before the previewer is refreshed. In
> Texshop you could write an engine that does all that, maybe also
> (pdf)latexmk is the solution. Maybe it is just enough to replace
> texify by pdflatexmk?
>
> Hope that's not a waste of time and bandwidth
>
> daniel

Howdy,

If this is what texify does you can download LatexmkTeXShop.zip from
<http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/> and follow the easy installation
directions. Then you place the line

%!TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

(for running pdflatex --- similar commands for latex+dvips+ps2pdf13
or xelatex) and the Typeset command (Cmd-T) will automatically run
(via the engine files supplied) latexmk on the source file. Latexmk
is a perl script that will automatically run (pdf/xe)latex, then
bibtex and or makeindex if necessary and finally (pdf/xe)latex the
proper number of times to resolve all (cross-)references.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)