[OS X TeX] Equivalent to TeXify in TeXShop?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sat Mar 10 16:11:39 CET 2007

Hallo

> A colleague has given to me a script for running on MikTeX. But I
> use TeXShop. The script does not run on TeXShop because this part
> of the script ...

(...)

> By what I have to substitute the texify command and options to get
> in TeXShop exactly the same results as in the colleague in MikTeX?

as far as I know is "texify" something that is done done on the
MikTeX side of your colleague's TeX-Installation. From http://
www.winedt.com/tex.html you can learn: "Furthermore, TeX Live does
not have an equivalent of MiKTeX's TeXify accessory..."

I think texify makes sure that all the necessary runs of pdflatex-
bibtex-pdflatex etc are done before the previewer is refreshed. In
Texshop you could write an engine that does all that, maybe also (pdf)
latexmk is the solution. Maybe it is just enough to replace texify by
pdflatexmk?

Hope that's not a waste of time and bandwidth

daniel