[OS X TeX] To macro or not to macro (Was: Local additions and multiple TeX distributions)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Mar 9 22:15:21 CET 2007

Am 09.03.2007 um 17:38 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Le 9 mars 07 à 16:53, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>
>> My wife recalls her time in Meudon working with a computer that
>> used a paper ribbon in which she had to punch holes. But this is
>> really getting off topic.
>
> Even more off-topic: my first time with a computer was in 1983 in
> Saint-Cloud, not very far from Meudon IIRC, and we were taught to
> use perforated cards and output on a printer. That's how I wrote my
> first lines of code ever (a Fortran 77 program for Gaussian pivot
> matrix inversion).

Holy Cloud! I hope you did enumerate your card stacks in a flexible
way (I did)!

I wouldn't have thought of the Schremmers punching Paperscript ...
without a Mac!

--
Greetings

   Pete