[OS X TeX] To macro or not to macro (Was: Local additions and multiple TeX distributions)

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:09:04 CET 2007

Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 8 mars 07 à 20:42, Alan Munn a écrit :
>
>> Do I need to update the TeXShop macros (e.g. Claus Gerhardt's
>> macros) to reflect changes in the distribution?  How do I do this
>> without losing my own macros?
>

> Sorry I can't help here. I'm not using any TeXShop macro (either
> Claus Gerhardt's or others) and I'm generally not using any
> AppleScript either.

I assume you mean in the particular context of "local additions and
multiple TeX distributions" but, if not, why not and what do you use
instead?

As for Applescript, what would you use to manipulate files in the
Finder? (Gerhardt wrote me a very nice Applescript that has saved me
dozens of hours.)

Best regards
--schremmer