[OS X TeX] Local additions and multiple TeX distributions

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Mar 8 20:42:33 CET 2007

At 9:11 AM -0600 3/8/07, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>On Mar 8, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Alan Munn wrote:
>

>>One question, though.  Shouldn't I continue to put my local
>>additions into the gwTeX/texmf.local directory rather than
>>gwTeX/texmf,pkgs (which I thought was for Gerben's extra additions.)
>>

>Howdy,
>
>The texmf.pkgs directory is meant for local additions; both via
>extra i-packages (e.g., CM-Super) and your additions to the system.
>It is texmf.pkgs that is preserved when there is a gwTeX update.
>
>The texmf.local directory is where generated format files, etc., are
>placed during the configuration phase of gwtex installation.

Ok.  Thanks.  I guess I should have checked Gerben's web page after I
installed, since I notice now that the structure is explained there.

There's one other question I asked, which noone has addressed yet:

Do I need to update the TeXShop macros (e.g. Claus Gerhardt's macros)
to reflect changes in the distribution?  How do I do this without
losing my own macros?

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491