[OS X TeX] Texlive-mac os

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Mar 7 20:54:47 CET 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 1:41 PM, Javier Elizondo wrote:

> I do not know what is happening, I had sent you the two files in
> pdf that I got, one obtained  in linux, and the other one with
> texlive, with "table" added as Bruno suggested.
>
> The last page of the two files are different. The one that was
> running in the mac, with the changes suggested  by Bruno, the
> letters appeared almost without color, no color on them. The one in
> linux have the right colors.
>
> Anyway, I know that being practical it is possible to rewrite the
> file in different form for getting what it is wanted. But, my point
> is that if a package is updated, why is not considered other
> packages that have a strong interaction with it?.  It should, right?.
>
> Regards to everyone, Javier.

Howdy,

There was a `fix' in beamerbaseboxes.sty reported. The line (around
line 116 of the file)

  \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{\color{lower.bg}}%

should be replaced by

  \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{{\pgfpicturetrue\pgfsetcolor{lower.bg}}}%

I don't think this is a permanent fix though.

I copied beamerbaseboxes.sty to ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
ChangedFiles/ and did the edit (adding something to make it easy to
find again) on that copy. It will be used instead of the original
since ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/... will be searched before the other
directories for .sty files.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)