[OS X TeX] Re: [macemacsjp-english 943] Re: emcas does not find..

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Mar 7 09:28:23 CET 2007

Please, accept my apologies, if CC-ing this to the TeX on Mac OS X
Mailing List is not in its policy.

Since you say that pdflatex works, but not latex, within both TeXShop and
Emacs, and also asked about beamer problems, I'm thinking that you might
have tried the latex command with a beamer file. beamer files do not get
properly get typeset with the latex command, only with pdflatex.

People on the TeX on Mac  OS X list explained this very clearly: in some
emails around the same email that I've already referred to. (If you can't
find it, then I will.)

And, if my memory does not betray me somehow, I recall time when, with
Gerben's tetex, from emacs (it seems to me, also from texshop), latex ran
ok on some beamer files, i.e. at least some. I am pretty sure, because
that surprised me (after I had accidentally forgotten to use pdflatex
instead of latex on a bemaer file, and then realized that). If I am right
(and if you had that working too), perhaps Gerben is the only one who
knows what he did at some point with tetex, for that to work.

Roussanka