[OS X TeX] Re: \linenumbers and only half of the page

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Mar 5 10:16:16 CET 2007

Le 4 mars 07 à 20:13, Thomas Bohn a écrit :

> On 3/4/07, Thomas Bohn <thbohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is how it looks like, with pdfsync:
>> http://bohnomat.de/misc/withpdfsync.pdf
>>
>> Here w/o it:
>> http://bohnomat.de/misc/withoutpdfsync.pdf
>>
>> Of course here is the code I used:
>> http://bohnomat.de/misc/pdfsynctest.tex
>
> There was a permission problems with two of this files. It should
> working now.

Your test file can be reduced to a minimal example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lineno}
\usepackage{pdfsync}
\begin{document}
\linenumbers
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim
ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in
reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla
pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in
culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
\end{document}

Without pdfsync, the text appears at the top of the page, as it
should; with pdfsync, it is displaced towards the bottom.

Regarding Jerome's answer:

> What pdfsync version are you using?
> Can I have a minimal source demonstrating the problem with pdfsync
> and lineno?
>
> BTW, the pdfsync package works very well with multiple latex files.
> I guess you are talking about TeXShop, which support for pdfsync is
> rather
> limited (poor man implementation).

This is with version [2007/01/15 v1.0] of pdfsync, as in
TeXLive-2007. According to CTAN and SourceForge, that's the most
recent version.

BTW, at the official pdfsync page <http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/
pdfsync.html>, the omission of TeXShop in the following sentence
seems rather unfair:

"iTeXMac is the first non commercial software to support pdfsync.
iTeXMac2, AucTeX, TextMate, TeXniscope, PDFViewer also support
pdfsync with various efficiency."

Bruno Voisin