[OS X TeX] APA formatting

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Mar 3 19:29:21 CET 2007

At 12:22 PM -0600 3/3/07, brian at pongonova.net wrote:
>Situation: I'm working on my dissertation (using TeX, of course). We
>use a minimal subset of APA style (mainly the headers and cite
>formats).  apacite works well for the biblio side of things, no
>problems there.
>
>Quandary: I'm debating whether it would be easier for me to simply
>modify the section and chapter macros (I guess I could override them
>in my own .sty file), or try to use the apa style.  The author of that
>style offers up this bit of advice:

[don't use APA style for theses]

I've seen both pieces of advice.  But I would believe the author of
APA style and use the titlesec package to modify your headings
according to APA and then continue to use apacite.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491