[OS X TeX] Installing "MacTeXtras" using MacPorts

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sat Mar 3 09:34:06 CET 2007

Le 2 mars 07 à 12:36, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 02.03.2007 um 11:43 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> Pete, though we have a few things in common (like taste in music)
>> and I do enjoy the quotations at the end of your messages, I must
>> admit that I do not understand why you answer questions related to
>> gwTeX and MacTeX, given you use neither of them and your
>> instructions generally do not apply to the configuration mentioned
>> by the original poster (or do not apply at all, owing to changes
>> in gwTeX and MacTeX since you last used them). I must also admit
>> that your answers are often so allusive that I simply can't
>> understand them.
>>
>> Generally I just keep quiet, but right now I don't understand the
>> acrimony in your message.
>
> From the discussions on this list I feel to be able to judge that
> Mac TeX did not change that much during the last twelve or 13
> months. So I also feel able to write about internals or other
> things most list members do not care or are not interested in, that
> I found when I was working on Mac TeX 1. It's not so much
> bitterness that lets me criticise i-Installer, it's merely missing
> understanding why a useful tool was changed into something so bad
> and erroneous (I do remember how many errors were reported last
> autumn on this list) and so needlessly complex, that even more
> errors get introduced (what happens when /Library/TeX happens to
> exist as a sym-link?).
>
> BTW, for me it never happened that the X11 version of gs was
> installed – and it never happened to me that xdvi was not installed
> because I had no X11 installed.

no X11 installed !

  That is very fine so y
you can install  QT and KDE from
http://ranger.users.finkproject.org/kde/index.php/Home

There is some imperfections but i can use Konqueror on my mac without
X11
perhaps with KDE 4, there will be the possibility of installing tetex or
  texlive and kile or emacs !!!

That will be really a play of Geek !

Alain