[OS X TeX] Re: MacTeX/TeXLive2007-metapost/TeXShop problems

Thierry Masson thilucmic at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 2 12:40:35 CET 2007

> Le 02-mars-07 à 09:08, Thierry Masson a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> > I have tried yesterday the new TeXMac which installs TeXLive2007.
> > First, I have a problem now with metapost.
> > I used to put the following preamble in my mp file:
> >
> > verbatimtex
> > %&pdflatex
> > \documentclass[10pt,twoside,titlepage]{book}
> > \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> > \usepackage{ucs}
> > \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> > \begin{document}
> > etex
> >
> > when mptopdf processes the file, it does not understand
> > "\documentclass..."
> > In my older version, everything was OK...
> >

> Are you sure that Metapost uses LaTeX instead of Plain TeX to compose
> the labels?
>
> Try to compile your file with the Terminal:
>
> mpost -tex=latex path_of_your_file.mp
>
> It should be OK. If it is, that means that TeXShop make MetaPost
> compile your file with the default option Plain TeX for your labels,
> instead of LaTeX. You should change the behaviour of TeXShop for
> MetaPost :  open the "/Applications/TeX/TeXShop.app/contents/
> resources" directory,  open here the file "metapostwrap", and change
> the following lines:
>
> mpost --interaction=nonstopmode  "${filename:r}.mp"
> else
> mpost  "${filename:r}.mp"
>
> into
>
> mpost --interaction=nonstopmode -tex=latex "${filename:r}.mp"
> else
> mpost -tex=latex "${filename:r}.mp"
>
> That should do the trick...

With the Terminal
mpost my_file.mp
works perfectly, but I want the pdf version with embedded Latex texts.
Using mptopdf does not work.
I found a exactly a report on the same problem in this mailing-list:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2007/023050.html
It looks like a bug in the ruby version of texexec...

Concerning my second problem (TeXShop), I have just installed gwTeX
from i-installer and now it works perfectly well. If someone can
explain to me why with the last TeXLive installation it does not work
on "big" projects...

Thierry Masson