[OS X TeX] Fwd: XeLaTeX: equation falsch dargestellt

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 29 09:25:27 CEST 2007

Hi Joanna!

I believe you're seeing an incompatibility between how fontspec sets
up the LM fonts by default, and the xdv2pdf output driver. (A future
release will probably change the defaults so as to avoid this problem.)

There are two solutions available:

On 28 Jun 2007, at 11:13 pm, Tobias Sebastian Kuhn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm forwarding/crossposting this just to help out as I'm not in
> Mathematics...
> I can forward it back to the TEX-D-L-list.
>
> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:
>
>> Von: Joanna Ludmiła Ryćko <rycko at INFORMATIK.HU-BERLIN.DE>
>> Datum: 28. Juni 2007 21:14:36 MESZ
>> An: TEX-D-L at LISTSERV.DFN.DE
>> Betreff: XeLaTeX: equation falsch dargestellt
>> Antwort an: German Language TeX Users Group Communication List
>> <TEX-D-L at LISTSERV.DFN.DE>
>>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> hat sich jemand von Euch vielleicht schon mit Mathematik in
>> XeLaTeX beschäftigt?
>>
>> Im folgenden Minimalbeispiel:
>>
>> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex

If you run xelatex with the xdvipdfmx driver, it should work better.
You can do this via TeXShop's xelatex-xdvipdfmx engine; if you don't
have this engine, just create a copy of the XeLaTeX.engine file and
add the option

     -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"

to the xelatex command line.

>> \documentclass{scrreprt}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}

Alternatively, try \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec} here; I think
this will avoid the problems configuring the math fonts.

Grüße,

   Jonathan