[OS X TeX] style for bibliographic references: newapa

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:27:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use the package newapa (or the file newapa.bst) to
format the style of my bibliographic references, but I'm having some
problems. This is the output of the console when I compile my .tex
document with bibtex after having compiled it twice with xelatex.

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: hegixetex.aux
I couldn't open style file newapa.bst
---line 161 of file hegixetex.aux
 : \bibstyle{newapa
 :                 }
 I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no style file---while reading file hegixetex.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

My newapa directory, which contains the newapa.bst and the newapa.sty
files, was in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/. I also tried putting it in a
new directory ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/contrib/bibtex/ but the result
is the same.

Surprisingly, I have no problems applying the apalike or the plainnat styles.

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: hegixetex.aux
The style file: apalike.bst
Database file #1: linguistics.bibWarning--empty journal in Frank2004
(There was 1 warning)

Could somebody help me out or give me a hint?

Thanks a lot, Manuel