[OS X TeX] Scrivener, multimarkdown

Thomas Braun thomas.braun at unibas.ch
Wed Jun 20 22:10:30 CEST 2007

Thanks for the answers.

> latex2rtf
I was using this software - but textedit/Pages to check the rtf file
after conversion...

> Multimarkdown
After looking closer, I think it is not ready for math. And to be
honest, I am happy LaTeX user. Concerning output quality,
bibliography support, cross referencing, the possibility to combine
with version control... In my view there is absolutely no better
solution. Why learning something new?

However, after all, writing a manuscript with LaTEX has also some
disadvantages:
- The editors I know make structuring of the text and the drafting
sometimes more complicate that it should be.
- I must write articles with colleagues absolutely hating LaTeX (but
they are very nice otherwise...)

After playing around last week-end, I found me quite comfortable with
SRIVENER to text (even small articles), but quite bad concerning what
I miss from LaTeX. At lest typesetting of formula directly in
SCRIVENER works flawlessly, also the backconversion to the formula.

In the last beta the author started to support something like styles.
Perhaps one can convince him for something like styles allowing
prefexis and suffexes for the text export (e. g. prefix "\swction{"),
suffix "}"

Thomas