[OS X TeX] Unexpected quotation marks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 10 14:19:30 CEST 2007

Le 10 juin 07 à 12:28, Michael Kubovy a écrit :

> On Jun 9, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> (1) Go to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/XeTeX/, and move
>> XeTeX-xdvipdfmx.engine and XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx.engine to ~/Library/
>> TeXShop/Engines/.
>
> When I download the latest version of TeXShop (http://
> www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.dmg), I see no new engines.

That's because you possibly need to move away your current folder ~/
Library/TeXShop before launching the latest TeXShop the first time.
In that case, a new folder ~/Library/TeXShop will be recrated
automatically, containing the updated Engines/ folder. Then merge
back your personal additions (if any) from the former ~/Library/
TeXShop to the newly created one.

I suspect that TeXShop, upon first launch, checks whether ~/Library/
TeXShop exists already, and if so leaves it alone.

But you can use Ctrl-Click (or Right-Click with a Mighty Mouse) to
verify that the folder Engines/Inactive/XeTeX is indeed there inside
the TeXShop application, at TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/TeXShop/
Engines/Inactive/XeTeX. It is this pre-built TeXShop folder that is
copied to ~/Library/TeXShop upon first launch of the TeXShop
application (again, unless ~/Library/TeXShop exists already).

Bruno