[OS X TeX] Unexpected quotation marks

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Sun Jun 10 10:32:02 CEST 2007

this is not a big deal
either download the latest TeXShop  which comes with the xelatex -
xdvipdfmx engine as Bruno described
OR
go to the engines folder,
duplicate one of the engines you find there (xelatex, e.g.)
edit it in an editor and change the content of the file to
	#!/bin/tcsh
	set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
	xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E" "$1"

save this new engine as xelatex-xdvipdfmx and make sure it is executable
enjoy your new engine which should now show up within TeXShop's
engine menu

A.

Am 10.06.2007 um 02:15 schrieb Michael Kubovy:

> On Jun 9, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Le 9 juin 07 à 23:27, Michael Kubovy a écrit :
>>
>>> That would be nice (these are closer than the numeral of Georgia
>>> and the math numerals, but still noticeably different):
>>
>> (1) Go to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/XeTeX/, and move
>> XeTeX-xdvipdfmx.engine and XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx.engine to ~/Library/
>> TeXShop/Engines/.
>
> Unfortunately this is what I have:
>
> [MK-MacPro:~] mk% cd ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/
> [MK-MacPro:~/Library/TeXShop/Engines] mk% ls
> MakeGloss.engine        context.engine          pdftricks-fig.engine
> Sweave.engine           htlatex.engine          pdftricks.engine
> XeLaTeX.engine          latexmk.engine          ps4pdf.engine
> XeTeX.engine            pdflatexmk.engine       xelatexmk.engine
>
> _____________________________
> Professor Michael Kubovy
> University of Virginia
> Department of Psychology
> USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
> Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
>         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
> Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
> Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
> Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
> WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background