[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.10beta10

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Jun 2 07:00:16 CEST 2007

Justin,

On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:37 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Hi, Dick,
>
> I'm using Version 2.10beta8 (210), and 'Check for updates' tells me
> I'm up to date.  Bug/Feature?

That response took about two minutes; you need to take Friday
evenings off.

The mechanism we use to check for updates understands 2.10, but
stupidly cannot
distinguish the various beta versions of the number. You've provided
motivation to
call the next version 2.11. We wanted to stick with beta until the
last bug was gone,
but a goal like that might mean sticking with 2.10 for years.

Dick