[OS X TeX] ams problems

Sue Lange s.lange at comsoc.org
Thu Jul 26 20:49:18 CEST 2007

For the second time in a week, I'm having problems with an ams
package. I'm finding it  hard to believe there isn't some core
problem with ams in my LaTex installation.

My current problem is when the amsthm.sty package is loaded I get the
following error on compilation:

(./amsthm.sty

! LaTeX Error: Command \proof already defined.
                Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

The file compiles correctly as far as I can see, but it's hard to
check every little detail. Even when I have no text in a document if
this amsthm package loaded I'll get the error so it has nothing to do
with incorrectly coded text. It's as if my installation does not want
to use the amsthm package for some reason.

Sue

--
Sue Lange
Digital Production Manager