[OS X TeX] Re: graphics with xelatex

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:39:42 CEST 2007

Thank you so much for your help, Jonathan (and Peter)!

> Yes, you'll need to use xdvipdfmx, rather than (the default) xdv2pdf.
> If you have a new TeXShop installation, there may be a "XeLaTeX-
> xdvipdfmx.engine" file in the Inactive folder within ~Library/TeXShop/
> Engines; move it to the main Engines folder. But if not, you can
> create one by duplicating the XeLaTeX.engine file, then editing it
> and inserting
>
>    -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E"
>
> into the xelatex command line, before the "$1" that represents the
> input file name.
>
> Then you can select this engine in TeXShop to process your document.

That did the trick :)

> > If not, what is missing in my document?
> >
> > Btw, I've downloaded the packages xkeyval, fp, (x)ifthen and xcolor
> > and unzipped them to my /Users/me/Library/texmf/tex/latex directory.
>
> You might also need to get the latest version of PGF (the underlying
> graphics package TikZ uses), as the version included in TeX Live 2007
> (and presumably other distributions based on the same source) does
> not recognize xetex. It's possible to get it to work, but the easiest
> solution is to use the newest version of PGF.

I think I had already had done that.

> The next version of the various distributions should have more of
> this stuff working "out of the box", I trust.

I hope so.

By the way, I've seen that the version TeXShop 2.10beta10 has been
released. I'm using TeXShop 2 (2.09d), which is very recent, so I
don't think updating to a beta is necessary, is it?

Cheers, Manuel