[OS X TeX] AFM files: needed?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jul 18 22:11:00 CEST 2007

Am 18.07.2007 um 21:39 schrieb Luci Ellis:

> Is anyone able to confirm my recollection that if you have TFMs, VFs,
> PFA/PFB and FD files, you don't need AFMs?

That's true. The AFM files are useful for creating TFM or ENC files
or to create a whole set of font related files via fontinst.

You might consider to also delete the Computer Modern PostScript
fonts (CM-Super) – then you would need to always work with Latin
Modern. CB-Greek is another option ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget
cuts.