[OS X TeX] OT: MacDevCenter.com article ``Smarter Ways to Work with PDFs''

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Jul 18 18:05:18 CEST 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 09:20, William Adams wrote:
>
>> Thought it was kind of interesting and it listed a number of apps
>> which have been discussed here and a couple which don't seem to
>> have been:
>>
>> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2007/07/11/smarter-ways-to-
>> work-with-pdfs.html?CMP=OTC-13IV03560550&ATT=Smarter+Ways+to+Work
>> +with+PDFs
>
> Anyone have suggestions on how we can advertise BibDesk such that
> it's a more obvious (and functional!) solution for this than
> iTunes?  Good grief...we're only mentioned in terms of
> compatibility with Papers!

LOL, yeah, that was pretty insulting. The best thing I can say is
that at least it's not costing you revenue. How do nominations for
freeware get made? How did TeXShop get in the running. BibDesk
certainly needs to be up for such. Other than the TeX engines
themselves, I personally think BibDesk is the single most important
piece of software for my TeX work. There are plenty of editors, but
BibDesk fills an especially essential hole.

Just a minute ago I acquiesced and added Papers to the mactex
applications table. Sorry. However, if people find it there, BibDesk
will also get additional publicity.

However, I did update the BibDesk description for you. IMHO there
isn't a lot of reading of the site, though, based on the lack of
interest in people sending Gary and me correction and updates. We get
an explicit correction/update about 2x a year, lol.

Joe