[OS X TeX] pdf-source synchronization with TeXShop

David Romano romanod at math.grinnell.edu
Sat Jul 14 19:26:09 CEST 2007

I just installed TeXShop 1.43 on my OS 10.3.9 machine and set it to work
with an external editor (Aquamacs Emacs 1.0b) via the preferences dialog.

The pdfs are automatically updated upon re-typesetting the source, but I'd
also like to be able to get TeXShop to open the source at the point that
corresponds to a chosen point in the pdf.

(When I use the pdfsync package, the pdf clearly changes, and TeXShop
allows me to view the sync marks, but command-click has no effect. I also
find that if I try to open a source file using Open from the File menu,
TeXShop simply produces the pdf rather than opening the source for
editing, despite it being set to work with an external editor -- maybe
TeXShop can't find the editor?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David Romano