[OS X TeX] epstopdf ( header??)

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:09:36 CEST 2007

On 7/12/07, M A <markoilcan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Alain Matthes <alain.matthes at mac.com> wrote:
> > hello
> >
> > I work with osx and unbuntu and on the both I work with TL2007.
> > epstopdf is the same
> >
> > In gnuplottex epstopdf is called by
> >
> > \immediate\write18{epstopdf \figname.eps}
> >
> > on Ubuntu I have an error with esptodf if the header is
> >
> > eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'exec perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}' && eval 'exec perl
> > -S $0 $argv:q'
> >   if 0;
> > use strict;
> >
> > but with #!/usr/bin/env perl all is fine
> >
> > Why this problem ? is it possible to change the call
> >  of epstopdf ?
> >

> Basically, the above line (with eval ....) is just trying to ensure
> that the rest of the script gets executed as a perl script, in case
> it's being executed as a sh (or bash) script instead. It's some rather
> convoluted sh syntax, but I don't know why it doesn't work for you (it
> could fail if it's getting evaluated by csh rather than sh). It's
> pretty pointless, unless you're on an OS that doesn't understand #!
> /usr/bin/env perl. I would just change it to that, since that works as
> it should.

Getting even more pointless here, but the portion of the line that
includes $argv:q, I think must be csh syntax (?) for ${1+"$@"}, which
implies it should work for even for csh. So, I guess I'm just saying I
don't know why it fails (unless those really are apostrophes rather
than backticks after the eval's).

Mark A