[OS X TeX] Named theorem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 6 15:33:49 CEST 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Sorry about the delayed response.
>
> 1) Ivrii's solution works fine of course. Even the dot seems OK.
>
> 2) I wanted to add the line but couldn't find amsthm.sty in
> aschremmer > library > texmf > tex > latex where all my style
> sheets are and Spotlight couldn't find it either (I am running
> gwtex installed with i-Installer on 10.4.9)
>
> Grateful regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

By default Spotlight will not index anything under /usr/, where gwTeX
us found. You can make it index gwTeX via the command line or get the
freeware SpotlightIndexer and have it index /usr/local/gwTeX/ (I'm
assuming you're using the TeX Live based gwTeX). Note: if you change
anything (e.g., add files in texmf.pkgs rather than in your personal
tree) you'll have to re-run SpotlightIndexer; luckily this doesn't
happen very often. There is a more permanent way to force Spotlight
to keep the index up to date but you've got to be very careful in
implementing it. I'm hoping that Leopard will have a ``White List''
of directories for Spotlight as well as its present ``Black List.''

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)