[OS X TeX] Named theorem

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 04:30:57 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) I wanted to add the line but couldn't find amsthm.sty in
> aschremmer > library > texmf > tex > latex where all my style sheets
> are and Spotlight couldn't find it either (I am running gwtex
> installed with i-Installer on 10.4.9)

It should not be there:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/amscls/amsthm.sty

and copy it to your directory

I would even to place it into the same directory as a tex file.
Clearly this is uncivilized behavior, but then you would not forget to
include it when you send you paper to others. Remember that using
modified packages is problematic when you share tex files. Especially
if you work is supposed to be included in some collection which is to
be typeset as a whole (but this is the risky business anyway,
especially with the guys who load tons of packages)