[OS X TeX] fonts in htlatex

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 6 03:13:02 CEST 2007

 > That's right. The error is evident in the png file, but occurs at some
 > point leading up to the creation of the ps file from which the png is
 > made.

Mark,

I made the following observations which I suspect are related to the
problem, but I don't have the expertise to fully understand them.

The log file sample2.log contains the suspicious comments

    (textcomp)  Font families with sub-encoding setting implement
    (textcomp)  only a restricted character set as indicated.
    (textcomp)  Family '?' is the default used for unknown fonts.
    (textcomp)  See the documentation for details.
    Package textcomp Info: Setting ? sub-encoding to TS1/1 on input line 71.

The script

   dvips -E -Ppdf -mode ibmvga -D 110 -f sample2.idv -pp 1  > zzsample2.ps
   convert -trim +repage -density 110x110 -transparent '#FFFFFF' zzsample2.ps sample20x.png

already gives me the broken picture at zzsample2.ps.  However,

   dvips -E -mode ibmvga -D 110 -f sample2.idv -pp 1  > zzsample2.ps

offers a seemingly proper postscript file.  My guess the issue is
related somehow to the availability of fonts to dvips.

As far as tex4ht is concerned, try to figure out a variant of the script

   dvips -E -Ppdf -mode ibmvga -D 110 -f sample2.idv -pp 1  > zzsample2.ps
   convert -trim +repage -density 110x110 -transparent '#FFFFFF' zzsample2.ps sample20x.png

that works fine at your machine and adjust accordingly the
corresponding script in tex4ht.env.

-eitan