[OS X TeX] Survey about TeXShop feature use.

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jul 4 04:25:20 CEST 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 19:08, Scott Murman wrote:

>>> Look at BibDesk and/or Skim.
>>
>> Also, look at Yep.
>
> i'd like to be able to view and open the tex documents directly, so
> i can cut-n-paste between docs, etc..

Does a saved search in Finder work for you?  That would let you browse
TeX files, although you'd have to open them in another program for
copy/paste.

> the itunes interface allows folders and smart folders, and could be
> a real boon for not only organizing full documents but short notes
> and examples.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, BibDesk also supports folders
and smart folders (we call them groups), and you can attach multiple
files/folders/annotations to a single reference, which could be any
kind of document.  You'd be able to search all of these attached files
by content, as well.

--
Adam