[OS X TeX] Translating LaTeX to Quark or InDesign

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Jul 3 22:50:59 CEST 2007

On 4/07/2007, at 4:32 AM, William Adams wrote:

> No one, who has any real experience will use Word for more than
> typing, and editing of any professional printed piece, its limits
> and the bizarre interface difficulties all argue strongly for using
> a professional tool like Quark, InDesign, Ventura Publisher, LaTeX,
> XyVision &c.

You're right William. I've been in the business for a long time and
fought with Quark and Adobe for features and support. MSW is a great
word processor and nothing more. I would not trust any long and
complex document to it, instead using FrameMaker or LaTeX. I would
not even bother trying to create a poster or brochure with it,
instead using QXP or ID, or preferably a drawing program like
Illustrator. For my lecture notes, personal notes, articles, exams,
etc. I use LaTeX. But on the other hand, I wouldn't use any of those
for a one pager, a letter, etc. where quality is not important
because MSW makes that task easy.

Alan