[OS X TeX] Re: graphics with xelatex

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Tue Jul 3 12:49:19 CEST 2007

> Hi,
>
> Does someone have any recommendation regarding what package I should
> use to program drawings and graphics in a document typeset with
> xelatex (in MacTex using TeXShop)?
>
> I've tried pstricks, pgf-tikz, pst-pdf and pdftricks with no success.
>
> Thanks a lot for any help, Manuel

I have been involved in a book for which I have been using XeLaTeX. I
do most of my illustrations in pstricks and I would not care to give
it up.
I tried pdftricks, and it was working, but made typesetting a lot
slower, since it was redoing all the illustrations every time.

My current solution, which has been working well, is to do the
illustrations separately, using latex+dvips+ps2pdf, and use
\includegraphics to put them in the main document.

Luis Sequeira