[OS X TeX] hide indexing commands

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Jan 31 16:10:07 CET 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Musa Furber wrote:

> I have TexShop, TextWrangler, and TextMate. I also 10 days left on
> a BBEdit trial.
>
> Doesn't folding usually just collapse lines? I haven't seen
> anything that can collapse within a line.

Yeah I haven't seen anything like that either, though perhaps vim has
something like that.

In TextMate you could theoretically do the following, though it
requires altering the grammar. You could basically alter the color
theme, so that the \index{...} part has the same foreground as the
background, and hence becomes invisible. It would still take up space
though, and you need to change the grammar to accomplish that since
we don't match \index{...} separately from other commands (though
come to think of it we probably should, we could do some interesting
things with it perhaps). If this "invisibility" would be helpful to
you, I can see about changing the LaTeX grammar file to match these
functions, it should be very easy to do.

I can think of some other ways of accomplishing what you want by
using other secondary files and some tiny scripts, but most of my
ideas are very fragile, so if you are planning to edit the resulting
text instead of just looking at it, I would not advice any of these
ideas (hence I am not even mentioning them).

> Regards,
> Musa

Haris