[OS X TeX] Junior in BibDesk preview

Jonathan Lewis jonathan_lewis at mac.com
Wed Jan 31 11:50:12 CET 2007

In BibDesk help, on the page entitled 2. BibTeX Intro, in the
Formatting Names section it says

BibTeX also handles more complicated names. Prefixes to given names
such as 'van' or 'van den' and suffixes such as 'Jr.' or 'III' are OK:

"van den Huevel, Johan A, Jr."

However when I enter "van den Huevel, Johan A, Jr." in the author
field and preview the reference I get:

[1] J. van den Huevel, Johan A. Title of Book. Name of Publisher, 1975.

On page 767 of the LaTeX Companion 2nd Edition the following format
is used:

"van den Huevel, Jr., Johan A"

and indeed that previews in BibDesk as:

[1] J. A. van den Huevel, Jr. Title of Book. Name of Publisher, 1975.

Should the BibDesk Help page be changed, or am I (once again) missing
something obvious?

Jonathan Lewis
Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo

BibDesk 1.3.1 (v641)
Full path to pdflatex: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/
Full path to bibtex: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/
BibTeX style abbrv
TeX template encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)