[OS X TeX] Linguistics packages (was newcomer: TexTures info)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Jan 31 03:09:59 CET 2007

Hi again,

>>> If some of you knows something equivalent or better than avm.sty, and
>>> Avery Andrews' trees.sty, I would certainly find time to try.

The newer version of this package is on CTAN:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/lingtrees.html

I do not see lingtrees in the distribution of TeXLive-2007. But since
so many other packages are included, lingtrees should be too. It is an
important package.

(Have in mind that the preprocessor is for creating the tree commands in
the tex file easier, but one does not actually need to use it.)

>> I use Alexis Dimitriadis' qtree package (which is available on CTAN). This
>> allows one to create trees very quickly with labelled bracketings.

I've tried it, and also xyling. They are very good in some cases.
  And I'll try the others too.

Roussanka