[OS X TeX] TeXShop's Tags menu broken?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jan 30 16:40:24 CET 2007

Something seems to be broken in TeXShop's Tags menu on my setup, with
the latest version of TeXShop: when I open any LaTeX document, the
Tags menu displays nothing; if I open the prefs and change the
Document Encoding, then suddenly the Tags menu displays a list of all
the sections of the LaTeX document, as it should; if I switch back to
the original encoding, the menu is still working. Thus it seems you
have to open the prefs and select the encoding manually (whatever the
actual document encoding, and the encoding you select), for the Tags
menu to work.

This is even more noticeable with the French locale of TeXShop: when
opening a LaTeX document the menu is called Tags, and it is only
after changing the document encoding that the menu is called
Étiquettes, as it should.

Am I the only one to see this?

Bruno Voisin