[OS X TeX] TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List

Tommaso Mancini Griffoli tommaso.mancini at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 19:13:33 CET 2007

Hi,

First, I hope I'm doing this right. I've never used email lists, but
rather newsgroups or forums.

Second, I'm coming from the forum on TexShop with an unresolved
question on creating HTML from a Tex file.

I was kindly told to: create a htlatex.engine file, with the commands:

#!/bin/bash
htlatex "$1"

and to put it into the ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ folder.

Then, in TexShop, I can choose to typeset in htlatex.

When I do so, the log file is generated in the console as usual, but
at the end, I get many messages of the type:

System call: convert -trim +repage -density 110x110 -transparent
'#FFFFFF' zzAdvMacro_PS_6TEST.ps AdvMacro_PS_6TEST25x.png
--- Warning --- System return: 32512

Then, when I click to open the file.html from my finder, all the text
shows up fine, but there are question marks for all the equations...
I guess the equations are supposed to be transfered into .png images,
but the error message tells me the images are not generated? Any idea
of what couldbe going wrong?

Also, as a follow-up question (although a good answer to the above
would be wonderful in itself!), is there a way to create separate
HTML pages (with automatic links from one to the other) from each
section of the Latex file, for instance, as is the case when using
DocBook?

I've been finding a lot of references on Latex2html, but is this the
same as htlatex? Or what is the difference?

Thanks so much for your help and for your patience with a beginner
user...

Best,
Tommaso