[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 27 21:28:19 CET 2007

On Jan 27, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Christian Burk wrote:

> During the process of creating the glossar nothing is done with
> BibDesk. BD is just used for building up the file bib file for the
> glossar.
> After I inserted the appropriate word and descriptions I only press
> command+s. Afterwards I move over to the Latex-file and typeset it
> in the following steps:
> (1) pdflatex
> (2) Glossar engine with:
>     ----
>      #!/bin/sh
>      bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
>      bibtex "${bfname}".gls
>     ----
> (3) pdflatex
> (4) pdflatex
>
> Now I have my glossar.
> What I want is "just" the combination of these runs within one engine.
>

> Christian

Howdy,

You can take the engine file as it now stands and add a few more lines:

#!/bin/sh
bfname = $(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
pdflatex "${bfname}"
bibtex "${bfname}".gls
pdflatex "${bfname}"
pdflatex "${bfname}"

should run all the runs together. You can then add the line

%!TEX TS-program = MyGlossEngine

as the first line in your document (assuming the engine file in ~/
Library/TeXShop/Engines/ is called MyGlossEngine.engine).

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)