[OS X TeX] Linguistics packages (was newcomer: TexTures info)

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Jan 27 15:37:56 CET 2007

At 7:30 AM +0100 1/27/07, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

>>>I've got this, but reacted to the see of the light of day
>>>mentioned by Bruno :)
>>
>>Fair enough. Actually I was only thinking of the packages that are
>>publicly available and widely released, meaning on CTAN.
>>
>>Personally I'm already reluctant to use LaTeX packages which are in
>>the "contrib" are of CTAN and not in the "required" area. Then
>>files which are not even on CTAN -- I just don't think of them at
>>all.
>
>If some of you knows something equivalent or better than avm.sty,
>and Avery Andrews' trees.sty, I would certainly find time to try.

I use Alexis Dimitriadis' qtree package (which is available on CTAN).
This allows one to create trees very quickly with labelled
bracketings. For more flexibility and very nice looking trees (but
more work to create), you could check out John Frampton's pst-jtree
(also on CTAN).

Another tree drawing package is xyling also available on CTAN.

It's a shame that Chris Manning's AVM package is not on CTAN.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491