[OS X TeX] TeXLive-2007: "/usr/bin/pdflatex does not exist!" Now what?!

Greg Starr starr at unm.edu
Thu Jan 25 23:49:14 CET 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I have been trying to reproduce this problem, without success.
> Moreover, by searching through
> the code, I cannot find a spot where it would happen.
>
> My guess is that installing MacTeX_Additions last is a red herring,
> and that you didn't have
> /usr/local/texlive/2007 after you installed TeXLiveMTS-2007.
>
> Could you answer a few questions? Did you have an earlier TeX
> installation? If so,
> what? Had you earlier installed any MacTeX package? Did you install
> Gerben
> Wierda's TeX? If so, his old deprecated version, or his gwTeX?
>
> Is it possible for you to remove /usr/local/texlive/2007 and try
> the experiment again. Can you
> reproduce the problem?
>
> Sorry, but I'm grasping at straws here!!!
>
> Dick Koch
> koch at math.uoregon.edu

Dick,

It's a moot point for me since it all works now, but...this was a
completely new installation.  You're right, I had previously
installed TeXLiveMTS-2007 but I then completely erased the drive and
reinstalled 10.4.8.  So it should have been all new.  Very strange
that installing TeXLive-2007 before MacTeX_Additions would have
caused this behavior...

	--gps

* Gregory P. Starr, Professor of Mechanical Engineering         *
* Department of Mechanical Engineering, MSC01 1150              *
* The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131           *
* (505) 277-6298 (ME)  (505) 272-7156 (MTTC)                    *
* starr at unm.edu                   http://www.me.unm.edu/~starr  *