[OS X TeX] jobname

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:28:44 CET 2007

Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2007, at 16:08, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>> Given a file ROOT that \include{FILE}, \jobname in FILE returns  ROOT
>> which makes sense but is there a way to get FILE instead of ROOT?
> FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=filename

Thanks: I had looked but of course didn't find this.

However, I cannot make it work. The code given there,

        \csname NameStack\theFileStack\endcsname
        \csname NameStack\theFileStack\endcsname

gives me "This makes 100 errors; please try again"

With the lines

commented out I don't get any error so this would seem to be where the
problem is.

I tried with these lines at the end, that is after the definition of
\stackinput, but it makes no difference.

I looked at the reference, patching techniques, but this is way beyond
the little bit I have learned so I am crying for help.

Hopeful regards