etc.: Re: [OS X TeX] gastex

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Wed Jan 24 17:50:47 CET 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 24.01.2007 um 16:51 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>>
>>> This is an error that happens with Ghostscript when it tries to convert PS
>>> to PDF, obviously when it creates a node or something like that in a
>>> drawing. You could try to use Apple's pstopdf or pstill, the command line
>>> utility from Stone design (http://www.stone.com). Simpdftex allows to
>>> change the "distiller." Or could adjust the parameters that dvips uses to
>>> convert DVI to PS.
>>>
>> [...] In brief, isn't this supposed to work with TeXLive-2007 without
>> external efforts? At least it does in gwTeX (but I haven't yet tested it
>> with the newest upgrades).
>
> I can't tell! But you can compare the file versions used by comparing the
> files as recorded in the LOG files. And then read the versions' documentation
> to find out which versions of Ghostscript, dvips, etc. are necessary.

I did that, but am not enough kopmetent to see what and how. I.e., that
was part of my question, and still is, if someone knows:

I've just  manged to test the new TeX downloads with the same file, which
uses gasstex.sty, for drawing abstract machine diagrams (Turing machines, etc).
The results are the same: gwTeX draws properly the lines with simpdftex,
TeXLive does not. gastex.sty (gasstex package) is included in both, gwTex
and TeXLive-2007.

It makes me think that the problem(s) is (are) similar, if not the same as
with the beamer package.

Roussanka