[OS X TeX] TeXLive-2007: "/usr/bin/pdflatex does not exist!" Now what?!

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Tue Jan 23 13:37:50 CET 2007

Hi,

On Jan 23, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Greg Starr wrote:

> After spending several days tearing my hair out with the various
> LaTeX distributions, upon Richard Koch's advice I just installed
> TeXLive-2007.dmg and MacTeX_Additions.dmg from TUG.
>
> The first thing I see is: "Can't find required tool" ... /usr/
> texbin/pdflatex does not exist!!

go to console and type: which pdflatex
Then take the result and put it into the riight field of your editors
preferences for typesetting.
my guess would be: /usr/texbin/pdflatex

if you can't find anything, you need to set your $PATH correctly,
e.g. add /usr/texbin to your path-variable.

ciao,

.m.

p.s.: searching the archives helps! this question has been asked
29834672796 times :D

--
Martin Henning
martin at easy2design.de