[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Tue Jan 23 11:16:42 CET 2007

Am 16.01.2007 um 20:19 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> Christian Burk wrote:
> []
>> Thant's what I did - reading the manual of the glossary.sty, but
>> unforunately I could not discover how this could work.
> Here is what works for me:
> In the main tex file Foo.tex, there is an abbreviation
> \newcommand{\UGE}[2]{\useGlosentry{#1}{\Mg#2}}
> where \Mg is a self-defined color command that makes (during draft
> stage) those symbols stick out that have a glossary entry.
> Then, in the text, there are things like
> Let \UGE{SlambdaovK}{$\overline{S}^\lambda_m(K)$} be the subspace
> of...
> The name SlambdaovK is arbitrarily chosen, and it corresponds to an
> entry in the file gloglo.tex:
> \storeglosentry{SlambdaovK}{
>         name=\ensuremath{\overline{S}^\lambda_m(K)},
>         description=Space of homogeneous functions of degree $
> \lambda$ on the cone $K$,
>         sort=T003}
> The sort key corresponds to an organization of the glossary in
> sections.
> In the main Foo.tex, there are the lines (not consecutively, some
> at the beginning, some at the end)
> \usepackage[header,toc,border=none,cols=3,number=page]{glossary}
> [2006/07/20]
> \renewcommand{\glossaryname}{Index of Notations}
> \newcommand{\glossarysubheader}{ & & \\}
> \renewcommand{\gloskip}{\\[-1.0ex]}
> \makeglossary
> \input gloglo.tex
> \printglossary

Thanks, but I could not get the entry to appear in the document - it
was just hidden.

I figured out another solution. Now I am using BibDesk with glossdef.
In the document I use the package "gloss". This works fine but I got
a question more.

After the first run gloss creates a file *.gls.aux and when I use
BibTeX (the engine in TeXShop) for the second run it reads the normal
*.aux and of course can not find any entries. To resolve this I use
the following command line:

bibtex myglossar.gls

Is there a way to do this with a maybe modified copy of the BibTeX-
engine within TeXShop?