[OS X TeX] Re: Newbie is confused by Getting Started document

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jan 22 02:41:13 CET 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Bob Harris wrote:

> Gary Gray wrote:
>> I strongly recommend that you go to:
>>    http://www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html
>> and download and install:
>
> Thanks, I will give those a shot.  Very helpful (I hope).
>
>> You can use TextWrangler or BBEdit with LaTeX, but the
>> integration between editor and previewer isn't as nice as
>> it is with TeXShop.
>
> Hmmm... I usually find that having to remember which editor I'm in
> when I'm editing outweighs the advantages of one providing integration
> with some function.

I tend to agree, but I suggest you give TeXShop a try and then
decide. TeXShop has some nice features that are not readily available
(or at all) in TextWrangler (e.g., autocompletion).

One place you can find information about integration of LaTeX with
BareBones' editors is at:

http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/tex/

All the best,
   Gary