[OS X TeX] Textmate and XeLaTeX weirdness

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Jan 20 22:52:49 CET 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Musa Furber wrote:
> """
> # Set up TeX compiler, fallback to xelatex if document indicates it,
> if grep -Esq '\\usepackage{.*(xunicode|fontspec)|program=xelatex' "$M"
> 	then DEF_TEX=xelatex
> """

The problem was simply that TextMate detects this even if it is
commented out. I committed a fix a couple of hours ago.

> Maybe someone can convince them to adopt the TeXshop way with the
> header lines.

We do respect those header lines, for at least a month now, perhaps
two. We just do a further check based on the inclusion of certain
packages, (which should be failing if the corresponding line is
uncommented, but wasn't until earlier today), and turn to xelatex (in
the presence of xunicode or fontspec) or dvips+ps2pdf (in the
presence of pstricks and friends).

> Regards,
> Musa

Haris